About the Report
The World Happiness Report presents the people’s qualitative assessment of their lives through quantitative indicators. The report primarily uses data from the Gallup World Poll. According to there web site Report uses global survey data to report how people evaluate their own lives in more than 150 countries worldwide. The Report evaluates happiness levels taking into account factors such as GDP, social support, individual liberties and the level of corruption in each country. The first World Happiness Report was released on April 1, 2012 Since 2016, it has been issued on an annual basis on the 20th of March, to coincide with the UN’s International Day of Happiness.
World Happiness Report 2022 India ranked 136th
- Finland has been declared the world’s happiest country for the fifth time in a row in the ‘World Happiness Report 2022‘ published by the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network, followed by Iceland, Denmark, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Sweden, Germany and Norway.·
- India has reached 136th position this year as compared to 139th a year ago·
- Afghanistan was ranked as the most unhappy nation, followed by Lebanon, Zimbabwe, Rwanda and Botswana respectively. Pakistan’s ranking is at 121st place.·
- The Report 2022 rankings use data from Gallup World Poll surveys from 2019 to 2021. Bhutan was not listed in this year’s Happiness Report.·
- Sustainable Development Solutions Network was established in the year 2012. It mobilizes global scientific and technical expertise for the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement. At the same time, it strives to promote practical solutions for sustainable development.