1. With refernce to the colonial period of India, the trade monopoly of the East India Company
was ended by-
(a) The Regulating Act of 1773
(b) Pitt’s India Act of 1784
(c) The Charter Act of 1813
(d) The Charter Act of 1833
2. Andhra Pradesh was created as a lingustic state in-
3. Which of the following Article of Indian Constitution guarantees freedom to press ?
(a) Article 16
(b) Article 19
(c) Article 22
(d) Article 31
4. Right to Education Act (2002) was introduced to help which of the following group of society ?
(a) Children of age of 6 to 14 years
(b) College going teenagers
(c) All adults who could not get formal education
(d) Those who are interested in technical education
5. ‘He represents the nation but does not lead the nation’. This dictum applies on whom of the following ?
(a) Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(b) Chief Justice of India
(c) Prime Minister
6. Who among the following is appointed by the President :
(a) Attorney General of India
(b) Comptroller and Auditor General
(c) Governor of a State
(d) All of these
7. The master plan of National Capital Region (NCR) was aprroved in-
8. the office of Lokpal and Lokayukta in India is based on which one of the following ?
(a) Parliamentary Commissioner of UK
(b) Ombudsman in Scandinavia
(c) Procurator General of Russia
(d) Council of State in France
9. How many Sessions of the Indian Constituent Assembly were conducted for the formulation of Indian Constitution ?
10.By which name/names is our ountry mentioned in the Constitution ?
(a) India and Bharat
(b) India and Hindustan
(c) Bharat Only
(d) India, Bharat and Hinsdustan
Answer- 1.(c) 2.(b) 3.(b) 4.(a) 5.(d) 6.(d) 7.(b) 8.(b) 9.(b) 10.(a)