UPSC/SSC G.K. Quiz 5
1. An accused of an offence cannot be compelled to be a witness against himself which article of India Constitution provides for this ?
(a) Article 20
(b) Article 21
(c) Article 22
(d) Article 74
2. Which one of the following is incorrect ?
(a) Fundamental Duties are the part of the Fundamental Rights
(b) Fundamental Duties are not a part of the Fundamental Rights
(c) Fundamental Duties are enumerated in the Part IV A of Indian Constitution
(d) Article 51A expalins 11 duties of every citizen of India
3. The single instance of the unanimous election of the President of India so far, was the election of-
(a) Rajendra Prasad
(b) Dr. Radhakrishnan
(c) Zakir Hussain
(d) Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
4. Which one of the following has the power to initiate the motion of Impeachment of the President of India ?
(a) Rajya Sabha
(b) Lok Sabha
(c) Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(d) Both the Houses of the Parliament
5. Which one of the following can be provided under RTI Act, 2005 ?
(a) Information leading to incitement of an offense.
(b) Information leadings to disclosure that may constitute comtempt of court
(c) Conditional disclosure relating to information on intellectual property
(d) Information relating to cabinet papers recording deliberations of Council of Ministers.
6. Which of the following statements correctly describes the Fourth Schedule of the Constitution of India ?
(a) It lists the distribution of powers between the Union and the States
(b) It contains the language listed in the Constitution
(c) It contains the provisions regarding administration of Tribal areas
(d) It allcates seats in the Council os States
7. “It shall be the duty of every citizen of India to protect and improve the natural environment”.
This statement refers to which of the following Articles of the Constitution of India ?
(a) Article 21
(b) Article 48A
(c) Article 51A
(d) Article 56
8. Point out which from the following is NOT a right enumerated in the Constitution of India but has been
articulated by the Supreme Court to be a Fundamental Right ?
(a) Right to life
(b) Equality of opportunity in matters of public employment
(c) Potection of personla liberty
(d) Right to permanent housing
9. Which Directive Principle bears the direct impact of Gandhi’s moral philosophy ?
(a) Equal pay for eqaul work
(b) Provision of free legal aid and advice
(c) Prohibition of the slaughter of cows
(d) Proteciton of the moments of historical importance
10. Who is the Executive Head of State in India ?
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Leader of the opposition
(d) Chief Secretary, Government of India
Answer- 1.(a) 2.(a) 3.(d) 4.(d) 5.(d) 6.(d) 7.(c) 8.(d) 9.(b) 10.(a)