UPSC/SSC G.K. Quiz 23
1.The Speaker of the Lok Sabha addresses his letter of resignation to the-
(a) Prime Minister of India
(b) President of India
(c) Vice President of India
(d) Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha
2. What can be maximum interval between two Sessions of Parliament ?
(a) 3 months
(b) 4 months
(c) 6 months
(d) 9 months
3. The first joint meeting of both the Houses of the Indian Parliament was held in connection with-
(a) Dowry abolition Bill
(b) Hindu Code Bill
(c) Bank Nationalisation Bill
(d) Gold Control Bill
4. ‘Uttarakhand’ state came into existence on-
(a) November 1, 2000
(b) November9, 2000
(c) November 10, 2001
(d) January 1, 2008
5. Who can initiate impeachment of the President ?
(a) 1/4th members of either House of the President ?
(b) Half of the members of either House of the Parliament
(c) Half of the state Legislatures
(d) 1/3rd members of any State Legislature
6. The Council of Ministers of India Union is collectively responsible to the-
(b) prime Minister
(c) Rajya Sabha
(d) Lok Sabha
7. Who is competent to dissolve the Rajya Sabha ?
(a) The Chairman, Rajya Sabha
(b) The President
(c) The Joint-Session of Parliament
8. The number of Anglo-Indians who can be nominated by the President to the Lok Sabha is-
9. At which of the following stages general discussion on a Bill takes place in the Lok Sabha ?
(a) During introduction of the Bill
(b) During second reading
(c) During report stage
(d) During third stage
10.A bill may be introduced in which House of Parliament ?
(a) Lok Sabha
(b) Rajya Sabha
(c) Either House of Parliament
(d) None of these
Answer- 1.(d) 2.(c) 3.(a) 4.(b) 5.(a) 6.(d) 7.(d) 8.(a) 9.(b) 10.(c)