UPSC/SSC G.K. Politics Quiz 9
1. Who was the President of India at the time of Proclamation of emergency in the year 1975 ?
(a) V.V. Giri
(b) Giani Zail Singh
(c) Fakhruddin Ali Ahmad
(d) Shankar Dayal Sharma
2. Who was the Chairman of the Provincial Constitution Committe of the Constituent Assembly ?
(a) Dr. B.R. Ambedkay
(b) Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru
(c) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(d) Sardar Patel
3. How many Articles are there in the Indian Constitution ?
4. Which one of the following rights is available under Article19(1)d read with Article 21 ?
(a) Right to travel abroad
(b) Right to shelter
(c) Right to privacy
(d) Right to information
5. The Speaker’s vote in the Lok Sabha is called-
(a) Casting Vote
(b) Sound Vote
(c) Direct Vote
(d) Indirect Vote
6. Who decides whether a bill is a Money bill or not ?
(a) The President
(b) The Speaker
(c) The Finance Secretary
(d) The Finance Minister
7. The firts woman to be the Speaker of Lok Sabha is-
(a) Vijay Lakshmi pandit
(b) Sarojini Naidu
(c) Indira Gandhi
(d) Meira Kumar
8. Which of the following is NOT a tool of Parliamentary control over Public expenditures ?
(a) Public Accounts Committee
(b) Comptroller and Auditor General of India
(c) Estimates Committee
(d) Committee on Public Undertakings
9. Which of the following constitution Amendment Acts seeks that the size of the councils of Ministers at the Centre and in a State must not
exceed 15% of the total number of members in the Lok Sabha and the total number of members of the Legislative Assembly of that State respectively ?
10. Which one of the following is NOT a Fundamental Duty ?
(a) To respect the National Anthem
(b) To sageguard public property
(c) to protect monuments and places of public importance
(d) To protect and improve the natural environment
Answer- 1.(c) 2.(d) 3.(a) 4.(c) 5.(a) 6.(b) 7.(d) 8.(b) 9.(a) 10.(c)