UPSC/SSC G.K. Politics Quiz 3
1. Freedom of the Press in India is-
(a) avialable to the people under the law of the Parliament
(b) specifically provided in the constitution
(c) implied in the right of freedom of expression
(d) available to the people of India under executive power
2. Which one of the following writs is issued during the pendency of proceeding in a court ?
(d) quo Warranto
3. By which Amendment Act the Fundamental Duties of Citizen are included in Indian constitution ?
(a) 42nd Amendment Act
(b) 44th Amendment Act
(c) 56th Amendment Act
(d)73rd Amendment ACt
4. Who among the following is constitutionally empowered to declare a geographical area as a Scheduled Area ?
(b) Chief Minister
(c) Prime Minister
5. In India, the comptroller-General of Accounts presents a detailed analytical review of Union Government Accounts to the Finance Ministry every-
(b) Six months
(c) Three Months
6. As per the Constitution of India, how many members are represented by the Union Territories in the Lok Sabha ?
7. At which of its session, did the Congress officially accept the ‘Socialistic Pattern of Society’ ?
(a) Bombay Session of 1953
(b) Avadi Session of 1955
(c) Calcutta Session of 1957
(d) Nagpur Session of 1959
8. Under which one of the following Articles of the Constitution of India, is the ‘Annual Financial Statement’ of the
economy to be laid by the Government, on the table of the parliament before 31st March, every year ?
(a) Article 16
(b) Article 31
(c) Article 112
(d) Article 124
9. Which one of the following schedules of the Indian Constitution lists the names of States and specifies their
10. In which one the following is promotion of international peace and security mentioned in the Constitution of India ?
(a) Preamble to the Constitution
(b) Directive Principles of State Policy
(c) Fundamental Duties
(d) The Ninth Schedule
Answer- 1.(c) 2.(b) 3.(a) 4.(d) 5.(a) 6.(b) 7.(b) 8.(c) 9.(a) 10.(b)