UPSC/SSC G.K. Politics Quiz 14
1. How many types of writs can be issued by the Supreme Court ?
2. What is the fixed strenth of Rajya Sabha ?
3. Bill of which of the following categories can be initiated only in Lok Sabha ?
(a) Ordinary Bill
(b) Private members Bill
(c) Money Bill
(d) Constitution Amendment Bill
4. ‘Votes on Account’ permits Union Government to-
(a) go for public loan
(b) borrow money from the Reserve Bank of India
(c) give grants in aid to States
(d) withdraw money from Consolidated Fund of India for specific period
5. Who is the guardian of Fundamental Rights enumerated in Indian Constitution ?
(a) Supreme Court
6. Power, authority and responsibilities of municipalities are listed in which one of the following schedules of the
Constitution of India ?
7. Separation of the judiciary from the executive has been provided in one of the following parts of the India constitution :
(a) The Preamble
(b) The Fundamental Rights
(c) The Directive Principles of State Policy
(d) The Seventh Schedule
8. which one of the following writs examins the functioning of Subordinate Courts ?
(a) Quo Warranto
(d) Habeas Corpus
9. Who was the first woman to become the Prime Minister of a country ?
(a) Golda Meir
(b) Margaret Thatcher
(c) Indira Gandhi
(d) Sirimavo Bhandharnaike
10.Which of the following amendments of the Indian Constitution restricts the
size of the Union Ministry ?
(a) 78th Amendment
(b) 88th Amendment
(c) 90th Amendment
(d) 91st Amendment
Answer-1.(c) 2.(d) 3.(c) 4.(d) 5.(a) 6.(d) 7.(c) 8.(c) 9.(d) 10.(d)