UPSC/SSC G.K. History Quiz 19
1. In medieval India, what did the term Jital refer to ?
2. Aurangzeb defeated Jaswant Singh, the ruler of Jodhpur in the war of Dharmat of 168 A.D. In which state Dharmat is situated ?
(b) Madhya Pradesh
(d) Uttar Pradesh
3. Who was the founder of the Gupta dynasty ?
(a) Chandragupta I
4. The Indus Vally Civilization was Non-Aryan because-
(a) it was urban
(b) it has a pictographic script
(c) it had an agricultural economy
(d) it extended up to the Narmada Valley
5. The religious literature of the Jains at the early stage was written in-
(d) None of these
6. Where was the capital of Sasanka ?
(c) Karna Suvarna
7. Who was known as Tuti-e-Hindustan (the Parrot of India) ?
(a) Amir Khusrau
(b) Roy Vanmal
(c) Malik Mohammad Jayasi
(d) Purandar Khan
8. A renowned Jain scholar who was greatly honoured by Akbar was-
9. Who started the Saka Era and when ?
(a) Kadphises in 58 BC
(b) Vikramaditya in 58 BC
(c) Rudradaman I in 78 AD
(d) Kanishka in 78 AD
10. Which one of the following was not known to the Hrappans ?
(a) Construction of Wells
(b) Construction of Pillars
(c) Construction of Drains
(d) Construction of Arches
Answer- 1. (c) 2. (b) 3. (b) 4. (a) 5. (a) 6. (c) 7. (a) 8. (b) 9. (d) 10. (d)