UPSC/SSC G.K. History Quiz 18
1.Where did the traveller Ibn Batuta come from ?
(d) Central Asia
2. The Kingdom of Vijayanagar was founded by-
(a) Vijaya Raja
(b) Harihar II
(c) Harihar and Bukka
(d) Bukka II
3. Megasthenes was an envoy of which of the following kings ?
4. Who among the following Bahmani rulers built the famous Gol Gumbaj at Bijapur ?
(a) Muhammad Adil Shah
(b) Mahmud Gawan
(c) Yusuf Adil Shah
(d) Ismail Adil Shah
5. Which one of the following places has no Ashokan edicts ?
6. Patanjali is well-known for the compilation of-
(a) Yoga Sutra
(c) Brahma Sutra
7. By which ruler Pataliputra was chosen for the first time as a capital ?
8. Which was the first capital of Magadha ?
(c) Girivarja (Rajgriha)
9. Which one of the periods marks th beginning of the Indian temple architecture ?
10. ………….assumed the title of ‘Vikramaditya’.
(b) Chandragupta II
Answer- 1. (a) 2. (c) 3. (a) 4. (a) 5. (c) 6.(a) 7. (c) 8. (c) 9. (d) 10. (b)