UPSC/SSC G.K. History Quiz 14
1. The first Buddhist Council was held in which of the following cities ?
(d) Bodh Gaya
2.the staple food of the Vedic Aryan was-
(a) barley and rice
(b) milk and its products
(c) rice and pulses
(d) vegetables and fruits
3. Who got the monumental Rayagopurams in front of the temples at Hampi, Tiruvannamalai, Chidambaram, Sri Ramgam, tirupati etx constructed ?
(b) krishnadeva Raya
4. The Indian king who opposed Alexander was-
5. Bijapur is known for its-
(a) heavy rainfall
(b) Rock Temple
(c) Gol Gumbaj
(d) State of Gomateshwara
6. In Shivaji’s council of Ministers the Prime Minister was called-
7. Buddha attained mahaparinirvana in the republic of the-
8. Which of the following animanls was not known to the Indus Valley Civilization ?
(a) Bull (b) Horse (c) Elephant (d) Giraffe
9. Which dynasty did rule over Magadha after Nanda dynasty ?
10. Who of the following kings was an ardent follower of Jainism ?
(d) Pulkeshin II
Answer- 1. (C) 2.(b) 3. (b) 4.(a) 5. (c) 6. (a) 7. (a) 8. (d) 9. (a) 10. (c)