UPSC/SSC G.K. Economy Quiz 20
1. ‘Interest is the reward for abstinence’. Who says this ?
(d) David Ricardo
2. Which among the following sextors contributes most to the saving in India ?
(a) Banking and financial sector
(b) Private Corporate sector
(c) Export sector
(d) Household sector
3. In India, agriculture income is calculated by:
(a) Output method
(b) Input method
(c) Expenditure method
(d) Commodity flow method
4. Which of the following is the most important component of the liablities of Commercial Bank in India ?
(a) Time deposits
(b) Demand deposits
(c) Inter-bank liablities
(d) other borrowings
5. Which country/countries started privatisation of State-owned enterprises as a mojor State policy ?
(a) U.K. under Mrs. Margret Thatcher
(b) Russia in the C.I.S.
6. Per Capita Income is obtained by dividing National Income by:
(a) Total population of the country
(b) Total working populations
(c) Area of the country
(d) Volume of the capital used
7. The Eleventh Plan’s objective is:
(a) Removal of Poverty
(b) Inclusive growth
(c) Growth with social justice
(d) Development of minors
8. Which of the following is a Navaratna PSE ?
(a) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL)
(b) MMTC Ltd
(c) Engineers India Ltd
(d) Container Corporation of India Ltd
9. Which one of the following is NOT a method of measurement of National Income ?
(a) Value Added Method
(b) Income Method
(c) Expenditure Method
(d) Investment Method
10. In which year was the Reserve Bank of India established ?
Answer- 1. (b) 2. (d) 3. (a) 4. (a) 5. (a) 6. (a) 7. (b) 8. (a) 9. (d) 10. (a)