Mega Food Parks
Through the Mega Food Park Scheme, agricultural produce is linked to the market by bringing together farmers and retailers. So that the income of farmers can be increased and employment opportunities can be created in rural areas. Mega Food Park comprises of supply chain infrastructure including collection centers, primary processing centers, central processing centers, cold storages and 25-30 fully developed plots for setting up of food processing units by the entrepreneurs. Farmers who produce crops, they do not have storage system. Fruits. Vegetables are prone to rot in a short time. Hence, Mega Food Park has arrangements for storage of Agri products.
The following 22 Mega Food Park have become functional so far:
1. Srini Mega Food Park, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh
2. Godavari Mega Aqua Park, West Godavari, Andhra Pradesh
3. North East Mega Food Park, Nalbari, Assam
4. Indus Best Mega Food Park, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
5. Gujarat Agro Mega Food Park, Surat, Gujarat
6. Cremica Mega Food Park, Una Himachal Pradesh
7. Integrated Mega Food Park, Tumkure Karnataka
8. Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (KINFR) Mega Food Park, Palakkad, Kerala.
9. Indus Mega Food Park, Khargone, Madhya Pradesh
10. Avanti Mega Food Park, Dewas, Madhya Pradesh
11. Paithan Mega Food Park, Aurangabad, Maharashtra
12. Satara Mega Food Park, Satarae Maharashtra
13. Zoram Mega Food Park, Kolasibay, Mizoram
14. MITS Mega Food Park, Raigad, Odisha
15. International Mega Food Park, Fajjilkay Punjab
16. Sukhjit Mega Food Park, Kapurthala Punjab
17. Greentech Mega Food Park, Ajmer, Rajasthan
18. Smart Agro Mega Food Park, Nizamabad, Telangana
19. Tripura Mega Food Park, West Tripura, Tripura
20. Patanjali Food and Herbal Park, Haridwar, Uttarakhand
21. Himalayan Mega Food Park, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand
22. Jangipur Bengal Mega Food Park, Murshidabad, West Bengal
Joram Mega Food Park
On July 20, 2020, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal e-inaugurated the Joram Mega Food Park Limited at Kolasib, Mizoram. This food park is located in Khamrang village of Kolasib district. It is the first mega food park to be operational in the state of Mizoram. Zoram Mega Food Park is an integrated project which provides infrastructure and services for food processing across the value chain to maximize value addition and minimize wastage. The project is being executed under the Mega Food Park Scheme of the Minsitry of Food Processing.
Features and importance of Joram Mega Food Park:
- The project cost of ‘Zoram Mega Food Park Private Limited’ of Mizoram, set up in 55.00 acres of land, is Rs 75. crore.
- The Joram Mega Food Park will directly benefit 25,000 farmers. Along with this, more than 5000 regional people will get employment opportunities.
- This mega food park will benefit the farmers, producers, processors, consumers and will boost the development of food processing sector in the Northeast.
- This mega food park will take advantage of the additional investment of about Rs 250 crore in about 30 food processing units located here and thereby generate a turnover of about Rs 500 crore annually.
- The drywarehouse capacity in this mega food park will be 3000 MT while the cold storage capacity will be 1000 MT.
- Mega Food Park will prove to be helpful in doubling the income of the farmers of the area by eliminating middlemen.