The government launched the Prime Minister’s Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan on June 20, 2020, through video conferencing by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This initiative aimed to address the employment problem faced by migrant laborers due to the Corona crisis. The scheme provided employment opportunities to laborers who had returned from other states, enabling them to work in their own villages. It operated in a mission mode, offering 125 days of employment to the migrant laborers. The government allocated a budget of 50 thousand crores for the Garib Kalyan Yojana.
Purpose of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan Scheme
The objective of the Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan was to undertake public works, construction activities and other economic activities on a large scale to meet the livelihood and income-generating needs of migrant workers and similarly affected villagers.
The main points of the Prime Minister’s Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan scheme-
- During the lock down, migrant laborers have come back to their homes, they were provided work under this campaign.
- This campaign was started from Telihar village of Beldaur block of Khagaria district of Bihar.
- This campaign was started by the Prime Minister of our country Shri Narendra Modi on 20 June 2020.
- This scheme has been started in 116 districts of states Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Odisha.
- Through PM Garib Kalyan Rojgar Yojana, employment will be provided to more than 25 thousand migrant workers of these 6 states.
- The scheme covers 12 different ministries and departments. Rural development, Panchayati Raj, road transport and highways, mining, drinking water etc. have been included.
- Under the ‘Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan‘, about 50 thousand crore rupees were invested by the government.
- The objective of this scheme is to increase livelihood opportunities in rural areas of the country and to improve the economic condition of migrant laborers who have returned to their homes
In the Prime Minister’s Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan, a total of 12 ministries and departments have been linked, the list of which is as follows.
- Petroleum and natural gas
- New and renewable energy
- Border road
- Rural development
- Road transport and highways
- Panchayati Raj
- Drinking water and sanitation
List of works done under the scheme
- Community sanitation complex
- Gram Panchayat Bhawan
- Works under finance commission funds
- National Highway works
- Water conservation & harvesting works
- Construction of wells
- Plantation (including through CAMPA funds)
- Railway works
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee RURBAN mission
- PM KUSUM works
- Laying of fiber Optic cable under Bharat net
- Works under Jal Jeevan Mission
- Anganwadi center
- Rural housing (PMAY-Gramin)
- Rural Connectivity (PMGSY) & Border road works
- Training through KVKs for livelihoods
- Works under PM Urja Ganga project
- Works through district Mineral Fund
- Solid and liquid waste management works
- Farm ponds
- Cattle shed
- Goat shed
- Poultry shed
|No||Name of State||District||